Wednesday, November 09, 2011

WQ-23. Time To Complete A Story.

0 Comments


30 Days Of Writing Questions

23. How long does it usually take you to complete an entire story - from planning to writing to posting (if you post your work)?

All right, one thing I know for sure, if I have a deadline, I'll deliver perfectly on time ... even if it costs me sleepless nights!

Else ... honestly, I've never given much thought about the combination 'time & creativity'! Sometimes creativity hits you like a bolt and you've written down your idea/scene/story in no time. And some other time ... you stuck!

Okay, give me a little more time to think about time:

THE ONE MINUTE WRITER
It's within the name: 1 prompt - 1 minute. Well, as foreign speaker I grant myself a little extra time to think about vocabulary and grammar.

FREEWRITING
It's a little mysterious, how a ticking stopwatch can stimulate your creativity. Set time, e.g. for 10 minutes and not a second more, and you get a wonderful basic idea.

FLASH FICTION
E.g. Rattles Flash Fiction: A picture and some basic catchwords ... and you can practice your skills by crafting a flash fiction story of 800 – 1000 words. Plus a monthly deadline.

NANOWRIMO
Currently running ... 50.000 words in 1 month ... a good start or a basic draft for a novel.

In my writing history I could manage successfully everything from 1 minute to 1 month ... that includes blog posts, short stories and basic drafts ... if you want an answer of time for a completed book ask me again when I'm done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory