Thursday, October 06, 2011

WQ-20. Favorite Character Interaction.

0 Comments


30 Days Of Writing Questions

20. What are your favorite character interactions to write?

THE CLASSICAL POINT OF VIEW
My first ideas for character interactions were scenes containing love, romance, conflicts, intrigues, fights, etc. between two or more people. But when I thought about all the various possibilities and the emotions connected with them, I came to the conclusion, that I don't have a favorite interaction ... not in the pretty obvious sense.

MY PERSONAL POINT OF VIEW
What I really love to write are interactions where a character meets nature, environment or objects. I love to play with the impressions, that the five senses give the particular person in such a situation/scene. I indulge to write, what can be seen, smelt, heard, tasted and felt. Plus the characters' reactions (appropriate or not).

I just have to think on 'The Perfume' by Patrick Sueskind. A wonderful book with the focus on the smell. It's amazing, how the author shows us the world of Jean-Baptiste Grenoille through his nostrils. At least I don't know any other book focusing so much on only one sense, this book is really unique and the joy of reading is immense!

This book is one of my role models, where the use of your senses makes a story interesting. That's why I love to write this type of character interactions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory