Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WQ-13. Favorite Culture.

2 Comments


30 Days Of Writing Questions

13. What’s your favorite culture to write, fictional or not?

Nofretiri, AKA Nefertari, was one of the Great Royal Wives of pharaoh Ramses II., the Great. I've chosen my online nickname not only by accident. I love and adore EGYPT, I've lived its traditions and culture. That for I would simply love to write about that culture, too! Actually, for a couple of years now, I have a plot idea in mind, but I've never realized it ... well, that's not completely true, I've already written a short intro for Writing Exercises 00: To Write A Beginning.

When I think of traveling these days, only one word appears in my thoughts: INDIA. Incredible India. I've seen those wonderful traditions not only in Bollywood movies, but also in documentaries, and of course I've read a lot about it. In the meantime I can also count a few Indian people to my friends, but as long as I'm not been in India by myself and experienced everything by first hand, I wouldn't dare to write about.

Which is kind of ironic, because I've also never experienced any Caribbean island culture and have already written about it! It was, I have to admit, my most wonderful joy, to describe my Voodoo priest and with him, everything strange and exotic on that island. But in that case, I don't refer to a certain existing culture, it's all mine ... freely, freshly produced by my rice krispies! Well, it has advantages, when you don't have to stick to already existing facts. You produce your own reality and your own culture.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory