Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WQ-28. Characters With Disabilities.

2 Comments


30 Days Of Writing Questions

28. Have you ever written a character with physical or mental disabilities? Describe them, and if there’s nothing major to speak of, tell us a few smaller ones.

One of my good habits (or maybe disabilities) is to focus only on the current question. So, last week in WQ-27 I was a little too eager with my answer.

I've already told you about J.J.! A dear, wonderful boy, just 17 years old. A giant in his look, but a little puppy in his mind. He's like that from birth on. I wouldn't call it a mental disability, he's only a little slow in thinking.

Besides J.J. all my other characters in that particular story are normal ... or what we consider normal. But of course, they all aren't perfect. Everyone has flaws and fears and daemons to fight with. If everything was just too perfect the story would become quite boring!

Oh, and this is very new! Just a couple of days old:
I'm working on the basic design of a new story, the places, the characters, the string of thought. And for this story I'd already included a few characters with mental as well as physical disabilities. As for this moment I don't want to tell you more, you'll meet them very soon. They all will show up in my upcoming weekly serial novel! Stay tuned!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory