Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Goodbye 2011. Welcome 2012.

2 Comments


"Same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?"
"Same procedure as every year, James!"

Everybody in Germany knows those famous lines. There's no New Year's Eve without Dinner For One. It's tradition.

It also seems to become tradition to start into the new year with the same blog post. Let's see, how good (or bad) I got along with my 2011 New Year's Resolutions. And let's talk about 2012.

BLOG
According to my blog archive I've done 174 posts. Calculating on the average, that's 3 posts a week - better than 2010. But I have to be aware of the fact, that I've done a few challenges helping on that count.

Anyway, 3 posts a week sound good. I'm going to keep the daily themes - they proved themselves. I'm also thinking on a weekly serial novel (Carol's are very inspiring! *g*).

READING
No question about that: I repeat the Reading Challenge. Read more about that in the upcoming blogpost!

ART JOURNALING
Out of 97 instructions in Wreck This Journal are currently only 10 left to do. Here on my blog I've posted until now 74 pages. So, you can still enjoy my artwork for quite a while.

As for my case, after finishing WTJ I have to think of a new art project! Any ideas?

WRITING
What do we have this far?
Blog - Good!
Reading - Excellent!
Art Journaling - Good!
Writing - ???

One of my 2011 plans was to finish my novel. *sigh* I totally sucked on that point. But there are some good news. When I was editing a friends (serial) novel, I got inspired for my own work. I had a couple of good ideas, which were instantly inserted as comments in my word document. As for my plan, less reading, more writing, plus that additional inspiration, I hope for a better outcome this year!

Besides my failure in novel writing, I did quite good with my dream diary. I filled a complete book, a wonderful inspiration for some more adventurous stories!

To end with another Dinner for One quote: I'll do my very best!
Keep writing, reading, being creative.


xoxo Karin

2 Comments:

  • January 04, 2012 1:57 AM

    It looks like you had a very productive year. I loved seeing your WTJ entries - you're very creative!

    And I really hope you do the on-line serial. It's a great way of forcing yourself to finish writing that novel. Even my NaNo novels aren't really "finished".

  • January 04, 2012 8:10 PM
    Anonymous :

    It's strange that you should mention 'Dinner for one' as being well known in Germany - despite being in English, written by an Englishman and featuring two British actors--- I was shown it by an Italian . .I think it's better known outside of the UK!!!

    Anyway Happy New Year, Blwyddyn Newydd Dda e Buon anno!

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory