Thursday, October 27, 2011

WQ-22. Never Written Scene(s).

0 Comments


30 Days Of Writing Questions

22. Tell us about one scene between your characters that you’ve never written or told anyone about before! Serious or not.

If we speak here of 'Deleted Scenes' or 'Bonus Scenes', then...
  1. I mainly write short stories, it's a little difficult to cut out big scenes! And when you add bonus scenes, it's no longer a short story, right?
  2. When I think of my one and only existing novel, I'm not yet ready to cut out anything ... I'm still adding and adding. Let's later, much later speak about editing and deleting scenes!

If we speak here of literally 'never written' scenes, then I wonder, what the sense of this question is?!? I mean, is it a scene an author considered and never wrote, because it's too ridiculous, too sexy, too embarrassing, too whatever? Honestly, which author wants to talk about scenes like that?

I came up with another 'if': If we speak here of plot ideas, character notes, dream sequences and similar stuff, which are written down somewhere in a notebook to keep it for later, but never published ... well, then I have to say: Yes, I do have such a book, where I scribble down my ideas and notes and dreams, and this one I do NOT publish, never! Not a chance! In the end somebody else 'borrows' my secret thoughts, makes a book out of it and earns millions with MY idea! Don't even think about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory