Let's continue the journey with steps 7 to 12. Remember the 3 options for each step.
Again, I stuck with Corin's story and ignored the 3 options:
7. The heroine meets the enemies' helper and has to defeat them.
- Circumstances make Corin believe, that the mistress's daughter is her enemy, too.
- Accidentally she gets a letter of her in her hands. The analphabetic Corin of the past remembers the reading skills of her future self and is able to read the letter.
- She finds out, that the daughter is just another figure of her mothers' chess game. She is secretly in love with a knight's son.
- Corin and the daughter become allies.
- A girl, in peculiar a plain maiden, is rather helpless in these ancient days. The intrigue of the mistress had worked.
- The evil knight is ordered to get rid of Corin.
- Corin dies in the past. She wakes up in the present.
- She wants to know more about the (possible) events in the past and begins to research.
- It's hard to find any facts. At the same time she feels secretly observed.
- Corin finds out, who's observing her. She meets Stephan. The ill son of the castle's owner.
- With his help she has access to more private documents and both can solve the riddle of the past.
- With a trick the mistress' daughter made everybody believe, she instead of Corin had died. The daughter could ran away with her beloved one and started a happy life.
- The mistress could "arrange" the facts, that it seemed that the lord's son had killed the girl. He was condemned with capital punishment.
- The lord himself died soon out of grief.
- The evil knight and the mistress reigned the castle and dark times came over the village.
- It's almost a history repeating, but the motivation is not power, but money.
- Flashbacks help Corin to discover, that Stephan's stepmother is secretly poisoning him. She wants him dead like his father, to lay hands on his immense trust fund.
- Together they can prove Stephan's stepmother guilty of crime.
- Stephan becomes healthy again.
- Corin and Stephan fall in love.
- As soon as Corin turns 18 they get married and Corin lives with Stephan in the castle the happy life, that was already destined for both of them centuries ago.
I was also considering to bring in an "evil knight" in the present time, but somehow I felt, this could be too much! It's just the idea of a plot, who knows how the story unfolds while writing and editing it!
What do you think about the plot?
Continue with Exercise 11: Sources For Ideas