Monday, April 18, 2011

ABC, N for NaNoWriMo

8 Comments
National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing on November 1. The goal is to write a 50,000 word (approximately 175 page) novel by 11:59:59, November 30.

Read more on the NaNo-FAQs:




I tell you, when you finally cross that 50.000 words margin, you truly experience one of that magic moments. You're so proud, that you've really made it and feel like the writing king of the world! Then you get not only rewarded with a wonderful winner certificate, but also with an amazing basic draft of your work, with you can very well continue working ... that's worth all the stress and the pain. Because NaNo is not only a blessing, but also a damn curse.

At least, that's my experience. Okay, I've only participated once last year in 2010, but within those 30 days I've lived through both: heaven and hell. If you want to know the whole insane roller coaster ride, you'd like to read those:
  • NaNo Writing Month
    There wasn't any full moon I could blame. Maybe I was still disorientated because...
  • The First Week With NaNo
    All right, here we are, the first week of NaNo Writing Month is over. Let's make a short pause and muse a little...
  • Week Two With NaNo
    On my honor, I've never consumed any illegal drugs in my whole life. But I'd made the acquaintance...
  • NaNo, Lucky Number 3?
    I don't think so! Third NaNo-week started with a blast, with one of writer's worst case scenario...
  • Week Four With NaNo
    I made a little NaNo-writing-break ... to write. How crazy is that?...
  • Official NaNo Winner

In my opinion, every writer should at participate least once! See you in November 2011?

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory