Monday, November 08, 2010

The First Week With NaNo

2 Comments
All right, here we are, the first week of NaNo Writing Month is over. Let's make a short pause and muse a little over my experiences.

Sunday night count said 9.983 words. Sounds quite good, don't you think so, too? It's a 1/5 of the required total sum.
But a 1/4 of the time has already passed ... ah, you might have guessed the problem?!

My start was quite slow, but I gained some speed until Thursday. Then I came to a particular scene. I could see it happen straight in front of my eyes, but I was simply not able to find the right words ... or any words at all. This problem kept me thinking all Friday long! I had written not a single word on that day! *aaargh* How frustrating is that!
After a rather restless night I remembered what children were told for writing a test: "If you have problems with an exercise, you'll better stop and continue with the next one. Is there some time left at the end of the test, have another try with the problem!"
On Saturday then, I skipped the scene and left instead another beautiful yellow note in my document. I started writing somewhere round 03:30 p.m. and wrote and wrote ... and suddenly my clock showed 07:00 p.m.! When did that happen? This was close, there were still some urgently needed groceries to be done! After providing my body with some nutrition (it's strange, how fast you forget to eat when you're caught by writing virus!) and a little TV break, I continued writing. I felt like being fallen into a writing rush! It was a good writing day!
My weekend was technically speaking good, but I'm still missing my lost Friday. I hope to catch up within the next three weeks and hope for a 50.000 words happy end!
And maybe then I could also find some answers to my steadily growing yellow notes, that 'decorate' my text or my personal questions, like: "When is the best time to let someone else read your piece of work for the very first time?"

Until then: Good night and good luck to all the writers out there! May the force be with us!

---
Continue with: Week Two With NaNo

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory