Friday, June 01, 2012

A-Z, F For Final Destination.

1 Comments
When making this A-Z list I jotted down 'Final Destination' in the original sense of the movie series. It simply suited too well in my Apocalypse theme.

And currently?
No! I hadn't had a vision of upcoming exploding airplanes, car crashes or any other disastrous events. With the consequence that Death isn't waiting for me with his macabre plan to catch me.

I won't deny when you're living on the dark side of your life that death is more of a present topic then before ... but like I assured you in B for Bucket List there's something else more dominant in my head.

So, you might have the right to ask why I chose 'Final Destination' as the catchword of the day?!

Well, the answer is quite easy ... at least for me. You might have registered how miserable my state of mind currently is and there's also a glimmer of hope. In the first session my therapist asked me - for homework - to make a list of my goals. My interpretation of this task was to analyze (my brain busy as usual!) when my days are bright and shiny again, what should have changed or resp. should have gained back again. In other words, my personal 'Final Destination':
In the center: The overall goal 'active living' or 'live actively'.
Major problem to achieve this goal: low energy level! Where to get new energy?
Clockwise:
  • With all 5 senses.
  • With full concentration/focus.
  • The full range of emotions.
  • My personal Maslov pyramid. 
  • From eye to eye (see E for Eyes). 
  • Right balance of independence and asking for help. 
  • Extend levels of safety/comfort/social.
Let's see how my journey continues, the first few baby steps are already made, but there's still a long way to go in order to reach my personal 'Final Destination'!

1 Comments:

  • June 01, 2012 5:03 PM

    I think before I could do something like this I would have to sit down and really think about what I wanted my central goal to be.

    I think at the heart of it I would also like to live more actively. After all, we only get one life (unlike our cats) and we should try to make the most of it.

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory