Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WQ-21. Character's Children.

2 Comments


30 Days Of Writing Questions

21. Do any of your characters have children? How well do you write them?

Strange question. I slowly begin to wonder, who came up with those questions first?

Anyway, I'd say this question depends on the point of view. When I think of my main characters, none of them has children or cubs. But my supporting acts has children, like in my 'Voodoo Island' Richard O'Connell has a daughter called Cathryn.

Cathryn, who's supposed to be my main character, for her I used several techniques to 'write' her, e.g.:
  • Personal CV incl. her look
  • Chart with all her connections/relationships to family, friends and other characters in the story
  • Profile with strengths and weaknesses, favors and dislikes, abilities and handicaps.
Depending of how important a character is in my stories, I'd use more or less the same techniques, no matter if it's an adult or a child!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory