Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WQ-18. Favorite Antagonist.

2 Comments


30 Days Of Writing Questions

18. Favorite antagonist and why!

Like last week, where the question was about the Favorite Protagonist, I'd like to extend the question a second time.

FAVORITE ANTAGONISTS TO READ
Lash, Son of Omega
The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward
He was the first I had instantly to think on. His character has everything I hate about a person: he's arrogant, a show off because of his wealth, cruel to others for no good reason and simply disgusting! I didn't like him from the very beginning and began to hate him when he was given even more powers. I didn't want to read his passages, because all he planed and did was against my beloved characters ... but of course I HAD TO read on! *sigh* When he finally was defeated I was satisfied, but somehow not really. I thought, his dead was much too easy. I guess, I hope and I fear, he's coming back somehow. He wouldn't be the first Lesser coming back!
And all those loathsome reasons make a good antagonist, because you truly hate him from your deepest soul!

IT & the (un)known evil
IT and other evil in the books by Stephen King
My first acquaintance with Mr. Stephen King was at the age of 14 or 15. Since then his books became my constant companions. To say, that I love his books would be the wrong word, not when you're sometimes too scared to continue reading or even get nightmares from particular scenes. It's more of a morbid fascination. He knows so well to tickle that inner part, that makes the hair in your neck crinkle or want you to look behind you or leave the light on during shadowy nights. He finds the unnatural and scary in every ordinary subject, may it be a car, a dog or a picture. I guess, he's the reason, why I don't like maize fields or shiver at the look of a clown. So, for me Mr. Stephen King is the true master of creating the perfect antagonist. Period.

FAVORITE ANTAGONIST TO WRITE
Well, when you write about cats, the most scaring subject is a big red ball of yarn! And in my other stories I have more physical and inner obstacles to overcome. Speaking, compared to those, who I adore, I have to admit, that I haven't created a true villain or antagonist. Not yet. BUT for instance Indian Jones or Lara Croft had - beside their hunt for treasures - always someone to conquer with. That for I had to give my poor demented Davis a bit more of action. I have to think about that!

2 Comments:

  • May 30, 2011 7:59 AM

    I totally agree with you on Lash as a favourite antagonist! I have to wonder if J.R. Ward is going to be able to come up with someone even worse now that Lash is gone.

    As for the cats . . . my cats are their own worse enemies. They like to scare themseleves and each other. They're a bunch of little weirdos. :-)

  • May 30, 2011 7:40 PM

    I'm not even sure, if Lash is gone forever ... e.g. Mr. X had come back before, he was only stabbed back to Omega and not inhaled by Butch! And we all know, how unpredictable and fickle Omega is! *rolling-eyes*

    Sure, you're right what you say about cats - maybe I consider those things not as evil! =^..^=

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory