Wednesday, April 06, 2011

WQ-12. World Building.

3 Comments


30 Days Of Writing Questions

12. In what story did you feel you did the best job of world building? Any side-notes on it you’d like to share?

World building then ... this makes me think of any kind of science fiction, where literally whole new worlds were created and Harry Potter with his magical world and not to forget J.R.R. Tolkien with 'Lord of the Rings'. In my opinion he's the master of world building: Middle Earth including new races, completely new languages and a detailed history.

This time I really can only think of the great work of others, because my own written worlds are plain and simple. Every story I've written so far takes place in the world we know, maybe in a different time and there might be some paranormal activities, but it's still our own world. Nothing really new! Well, I should think about that in future!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory