Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WQ-11. Most & Least Favorite Character.

0 Comments


30 Days Of Writing Questions

11. Who is your favorite character to write? Least favorite?

The answer to that question would have been much easier, if you'd asked about characters created by other authors! For instance in the BDB series by J.R. Ward in a flick of a second I just name Rhage (Yeah!) and Lash (Boo!). *g*

But that wasn't the question, right? *sigh*

Okay, I can only speak for myself, but I can hardly imagine, that there are authors out there, who truly hate their creatures. Sure there might be some difficulties creating them or parts of their personality, that aren't so adorable, or circumstances, that make them act badly, but truly hate ... I don't know!?!

E.g. two of the main characters in my current writing project:

Cathryn: I love her, because she has all the positive qualities I'd like to have and in a way, through her eyes I can live her adventurous life. Of course, she has also quite some flaws, some I don't have, that makes them a bit difficult to write, e.g. I'm not afraid of heights, she is! What I hate about Cathryn are the circumstances and the area, she lives in. She simply can't be that independent woman she could be today, she has to fight a lot more obstacles. Does she find a way? Does everything work out well? Does it happen at all? Or are there others, who want her to take a whole different direction? But that's exactly the point, that makes the story interesting, right?

Davis: I would consider the tendency of my own personality optimistic, positive, harmonic and insightfully. On the contrary, Davis has also very dark, dishonest, snaky and greedy side. It's a bit hard for me to let the monster within myself lose, in order to let him do all those awful things in right villain way. I have to forget my own good manners, in order to let him act believably. Like I said, it's difficult, but I don't hate him!

I'm attached to all of my characters, even if they cause me some trouble now and then. Else I wouldn't write about them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory