Wednesday, March 09, 2011

1st Anniversary. 7 Links Challenge.

6 Comments
As you might have discovered, my little blog here just got a new outfit. When I searched last year for a suitable template, it was really difficult to find the right one, because it should be simple and elegant at the same time. And now it was perfectly at the right place, on the right time!
It's not perfect yet, but I work on it. I know some basic HTML, so I could already change some things. And for the others I asked for some advice. Or maybe anyone of you could help me?!?

One reason for a new design was the Stylish Blogger Award, given to me on Sunday. Well, maybe you might call my blog posts and artwork stylish, that I would consider really flattering, but there is no way to call my blog stylish according to the look!

Second reason, my first blog post went online on 6th March 2010. So, you could call the new design the birthday present for my blog!


ALL THE BEST TO THE 1st BLOG ANNIVERSARY!

Well, for this date I want to repeat the 7 Links Challenge, done for the first time in August-2010.

1. Your first post
What am I here for? went online March 2010.

2a. A post you enjoyed writing the most
My Writing Journey

2b. Art you enjoyed creating
In the February Journaling Challenge: Mystique and Past

3. A post which generated a great discussion
There's a tie between:
WTJ: Sample Various Substances Found In Your Home.
WTJ: Place Sticky Things Here.

4. A post on someone else's blog that you wish you'd written
For a couple of weeks now I'm a new fan of serial novels, my two heroines are the wonderful inspiring and addictively writers Carol (Serial Novel: Fire) and Jamie (Serial Novel: The Biker's Wench).

5. A post piece of art with a title you're proud of
WTJ: Doodling On An Envelope.

6. A post that you wish more people had read
As my blog is quite young, I wished in general to have more followers, who read and hopefully comment on my posts!!!
I was wondering, why there weren't any comments on the 1-Minute-Writer-posts? You know, with every answer on the daily prompt I give a little of my heart and soul and beliefs ... so, it's a bit sad for me, that there's almost no reaction on it. That for I'm thinking of quitting to post the weekly results, instead I'll post only a daily/weekly win!

7. Your most visited post ever
Writing Exercise 06: Developing Characters
Note to myself: Continue with the Writing Exercises!

6 Comments:

  • March 10, 2011 3:30 AM

    I also answer the one minute writer prompts. All last year I was very dedicated to it and received quite a few comments on those posts but most were I wish you wrote more so we could get to know you because that blog was simply dedicated to those answers. I had to switch my blog name and move all my entries to another location recently so I haven't had time to transfer everything but I am thinking that maybe people aren't so much interested in those kinds of challenges?

  • March 10, 2011 3:31 AM

    Oh I almost forgot. Happy Blog Birthday! and the design is great. I love it.

  • March 10, 2011 8:03 PM

    Hello Isabella,

    thank you for your answer! You might be right with your argument about OMW. I can't extrapolate from my own habits to others. Anyway, I still love OMW and continue writing my thoughts on the prompts! :-) Maybe I should pay more attention to your contributions!

    And: Thanks for your BD-blog wishes! :-)

  • March 12, 2011 3:13 PM

    Happy Blog Birthday!

    I think about the one-minute prompts it comes down to what people are looking at blogs for.

    I almost never read stories etc. that people post on their blogs. It's not because I don't like them or that they may not be good - but simply because of lack of time. I prefer to keep reading time for reading books. When I am reading blogs, I am looking for essentially informational resources.

    I think that applies to a lot of people. Writing challenges are fun for the writer, and they are certainly good to develop the writing muscles, but not necessarily something a lot of people spend time reading online.

  • March 13, 2011 10:10 PM

    A belated Happy Blog Birthday to you!

    I confess I do a lot more reading than commenting, but I have been enjoying your 1-Minute-Writer posts. I'll try and do a better job of letting you know it. :-)

  • March 13, 2011 11:45 PM

    Dolly & Carol:
    Thanks a lot for your blog-BD-wishes! I've learnt a lot in the previous year and promise to do my best to continue ... and improve! :-)

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory