Sunday, December 19, 2010

One-Minute-Writer: Week 50 & 51

0 Comments
(Note: These are writing prompts of "One-Minute-Writer-Blog")

Monday, December-13: Decoration. Write about a holiday decoration that holds particular meaning for you.
I have two little, very neat holders for tea candles. I bought one, the other my Mom at the Christmas market in Salzburg/Austria three years ago. The last one before she died, so these two objects are very precious for me.

Tuesday, December-14: Holiday. It's your job to create a new holiday, one that will be observed worldwide. What new holiday will you create?
"The World Day Of Peace": On this day any kind of weapons have to be laid down, including guns, fists and words. Everyone should have the possibility to meet everyone in silent harmony without any prejudices and mistrust with the hope that on the following day weapons aren't needed anymore.

Wednesday, December-15: Guilty. Write about the last time you felt guilty.
To escape all that Christmas-sugar-and-cinnamon-sweets I bought a bag of Cheese Nachos, of course with sharp cheese dip. Well, I simply couldn't stop and ate EVERYTHING! Did I get rid of the sweet taste? What do you think? Did my mouth, tongue and stomach feel fuzzy after that? Oh yes! *yummy* Did I feel guilty? Absolutely yes! But I think I would do it again ... it was simply too seductive and delicious!

Thursday, December-16: No. Write about a time you said no.
Oh, I say 'No' every single morning. First of all to my damn alarm clock. These days additionally to the dark and the cold, not to forget a very, very heavy 'No' to the snow. I'm simply no morning-girl, I hate getting up early, even earlier because I had to check on the snow! Thanks, but NO thanks!

Friday, December-17: Frozen. Write a brief bit of fiction using the prompt "Frozen".
A few years ago I escaped the German winter and fled to Kenya. Have you seen pictures of Kenya? After the dry winter the country supposed to have shades of beige and brown, but not this time. It was a January after 'El Nino', a quasi-periodic climate pattern that occurs across the tropical Pacific Ocean. (Thanks Wikipedia!)
The transfer from the airport to the hotel already was a challenge for the eye, everything was so extraordinarily green. It hurt in the eyes like the glittering white snow at home. The nature sucked in all the rain and transferred it into the most colorful flowers and plants I've ever seen. All my senses were challenged. Slowly I could follow the intriguing fascination for that country.
In the first night my room mate was laughing at me, despite the warmth outside I needed a second blanket, my teeth were clattering, I was frozen ... the chambermaid thought us a good deed to turn the air condition as far as it will go. The room was simply f... freezing cold! I hadn't expected that! Well, these are things you'll never forget!

Saturday, December-18: Six Word Saturday. Describe your life in six words.
'Snow is falling all around me.'

The-One-Minute-Writer is on vacation: 12/19-12/27.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory