Sunday, June 06, 2010

One-Minute-Writer: Week 22

0 Comments
(Note: These are writing prompts of "One-Minute-Writer-Blog")

Monday, May-31: Too late. What was the last time you stayed up way too late? Was it worth it?
The last time I stayed up late was for reading "Lover Mine". I had expected this book like a child Christmas Eve. So, I HAD to read and know how the story continues. Believe me, it was so worth staying up late!

Tuesday, June-01: Lie. Write about one of the more ridiculous lies you've heard.
Calendar says it's June, weather forecasts finally predicted summer, sun and warm temperatures. But, when I look outside my window, what do I see? Clouds and rain ...

Wednesday, June-02: Parenting. Write about a way in which parenting has changed since you were a kid (either based on what you observe, or on what the experts recommend.)
It's rather shocking watching documentaries about today's youth. They don't want to go to school, they drink alcohol, they just hang around. My Mom would have beaten the shit out of me, when she had discovered me missing school.

Thursday, June-03: Let go. Write about a time you had to let go of something you loved or wanted...a person, a dream, a pet, etc.
My beloved mother died very surprisingly about two years ago at the age of 52. Nobody would have expected that! I think, there is nothing more to say!

Friday, June-04: Late. Write a brief bit of fiction using the prompt "late."
Tick. Tick. Tick. When have five minutes ever been so long? Her fingers were clacking on the desk. Her eyes focusing, hypnotizing the tiny screen, NOT to turn blue. But she instinctively knew it would. She was never late. Never. Tick. Tick. Tick. When have four minutes ever been so long?

Saturday, June-05: Transportation. Imagine you are planning a trip across the continent on which you live. Assuming you have unlimited time, resources, and energy, what will be your mode of transportation?
Everybody, who knows me, can tell you under oath, I would never do a trip across Europe! I'm too much focused on India. Ask me about a trip and transportation there, and I guarantee you, you get more than just minutes!

Sunday, June-06: Understand. Write about something you'll never understand.
One word: MAN! (End of story.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory