Sunday, June 13, 2010

One-Minute-Writer: Week 23

0 Comments
(Note: These are writing prompts of "One-Minute-Writer-Blog")

Monday, June-07: Mentor. Write about someone you have mentored or someone who has mentored you.
*smile-on-my-face* I never forget my beloved Mum, who had taught her stubborn little child how to read! The clever girl had learnt every word by heart instead of truly reading them. I don't want to think what might have happened with me and my life, if my Mom hadn't discovered my little "secret". I love you, Mum!

Tuesday, June-08: Sound switch. Think of a sound you don't like. What sound would you like your ears to hear in its place?
The only sound I really loathe is my alarm clock. Every. Damn. Morning. I can't imagine a single sound in the whole world that could make this sound more lovely! Even heavenly choirs would make this moment of truth any better. I simply can't stand mornings. Period.

Wednesday, June-09: Profession. Write about a profession that you think is unnecessary.
This prompt made me think very hard ... First thought was someone like Paris Hilton. What are they famous for? Having rich parents? How do they call their profession? Daughter and sons? THIS is totally unnecessary!

Thursday, June-10: Five years. Think about a frustrating aspect of your life. How might you feel about it in five years?
I don't like any kind of questions a la "Where do you see yourself in x or z years?". As fast as things happen these days you'll never know, what tomorrow brings. Okay, let me think ... maybe in five years, instead of "I want to go to India." I want to say "I WAS in India."!

Friday, June-11: Sick. Write a brief bit of fiction using the prompt "sick."
A few days ago I was sick of the rain and the cold here in Germany. I get literally sick of pineapple. In another way I get sick of ignorant, narrow-minded, prejudiced people ... right now I'm geting sick of not knowing, what to write!

Saturday, June-12: Strength. What is strength?
The toughest thing in life is to say simply "No!". It also needs quite some strength to stand to your opinion. We all have a great need for acceptance, but you must trust that your beliefs are unique, your own, even though others may think them odd or unpopular, even though the herd may go.
(I was so free to quote John Keating in "Dead Poets Society".)

Sunday, June-13: No Prompt available!
*sing* No prompt today, no lines straight away ... *ggg* I should better stop singing before somebody else is getting hurt!

Oh, here it is: Celebrate. What can you celebrate today?
*hmm* I don't know! No holiday! No birthday! No anniversary! Maybe ... I'm no soccer fan, but maybe others celebrate the first win of the German team against Australia in the FIFA World Cup South Africa. Okay, let's get our Vuvuzelas and celebrate! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory