(Note: These are writing prompts of "One-Minute-Writer-Blog")
Monday, June-07: Mentor. Write about someone you have mentored or someone who has mentored you.
*smile-on-my-face* I never forget my beloved Mum, who had taught her stubborn little child how to read! The clever girl had learnt every word by heart instead of truly reading them. I don't want to think what might have happened with me and my life, if my Mom hadn't discovered my little "secret". I love you, Mum!
Tuesday, June-08: Sound switch. Think of a sound you don't like. What sound would you like your ears to hear in its place?
The only sound I really loathe is my alarm clock. Every. Damn. Morning. I can't imagine a single sound in the whole world that could make this sound more lovely! Even heavenly choirs would make this moment of truth any better. I simply can't stand mornings. Period.
Wednesday, June-09: Profession. Write about a profession that you think is unnecessary.
This prompt made me think very hard ... First thought was someone like Paris Hilton. What are they famous for? Having rich parents? How do they call their profession? Daughter and sons? THIS is totally unnecessary!
Thursday, June-10: Five years. Think about a frustrating aspect of your life. How might you feel about it in five years?
I don't like any kind of questions a la "Where do you see yourself in x or z years?". As fast as things happen these days you'll never know, what tomorrow brings. Okay, let me think ... maybe in five years, instead of "I want to go to India." I want to say "I WAS in India."!
Friday, June-11: Sick. Write a brief bit of fiction using the prompt "sick."
A few days ago I was sick of the rain and the cold here in Germany. I get literally sick of pineapple. In another way I get sick of ignorant, narrow-minded, prejudiced people ... right now I'm geting sick of not knowing, what to write!
Saturday, June-12: Strength. What is strength?
The toughest thing in life is to say simply "No!". It also needs quite some strength to stand to your opinion. We all have a great need for acceptance, but you must trust that your beliefs are unique, your own, even though others may think them odd or unpopular, even though the herd may go.
(I was so free to quote John Keating in "Dead Poets Society".)
Sunday, June-13: No Prompt available!
*sing* No prompt today, no lines straight away ... *ggg* I should better stop singing before somebody else is getting hurt!
Oh, here it is: Celebrate. What can you celebrate today?
*hmm* I don't know! No holiday! No birthday! No anniversary! Maybe ... I'm no soccer fan, but maybe others celebrate the first win of the German team against Australia in the FIFA World Cup South Africa. Okay, let's get our Vuvuzelas and celebrate! :-)
- Obviously, there are some fantastic images in my head. Some beautiful become alive in my travel-journals. Some weird find their way into my dream-diary. Some funny just bust out while composing my emails. Until it's the right time for me to get published, I want to get public, at least! That's what my blog is all about.
Add this to your site
- ► 2011 (174)
- Quiz: How fast can you type?
- Wreck This Journal: Make A Mess. Clean It Up.
- One-Minute-Writer: Week 25
- Wreck This Journal: Glue, Staple Or Tape These Pag...
- Wreck This Journal: Color This Entire Page.
- One-Minute-Writer: Week 24
- Wreck This Journal: Lose This Page./Give Away Your...
- Writing Exercise 06: Developing Characters
- Wreck This Journal: Fill This Page With Circles.
- One-Minute-Writer: Week 23
- Wreck This Journal: Bring This Book In The Shower ...
- Wreck This Journal: Last Page.
- Wreck This Journal: First Page.
- Wreck This Journal: Cover Makeover.
- One-Minute-Writer: Week 22
- Wreck This Journal: Make A Paper Air Plane.
- Wreck This Journal: Scratch. Using A Sharp Object....
- Confessions Of A Writaholic, Part 1
- Wreck This Journal: Add Your Own Page Numbers.
- Wreck This Journal: Crack The Spine/Leave This Pag...
- Wreck This Journal: Tear Stripes, Rip It Up.
- ▼ June (21)
1-Minute-Writer (39) 30-Writing-Questions (31) 6-Word-Saturday (9) 7-Links-Challenge (2) 7-Sins-Challenge (9) A-Z Apocalypse (28) About The Author (10) April A-Z Challenge (29) Art (3) Art Journaling (3) Award (3) Creative Writing (6) Editing (1) February Journaling Challenge (31) Friday-Fill-In (22) NaNo 2010 (6) NaNo 2011 (2) NaNoJouMo 2011 (2) Quiz (8) Rattles Flash Fiction (1) Reading Challenge (3) Summer Break (1) Wreck This Journal (81) Writing (5) Writing Exercise (16)