(Note: These are writing prompts of "One-Minute-Writer-Blog")
Monday, June-14: Broken. Write about a time you broke something.
Do you know the sound a dry piece of wood makes cracking it over your knee? When I heard it in my dreams, I woke up in shock and fear, heavily breathing. I had to focus back on reality, that this awful accident was over. You wonder, what I'm talking about? Cracking wood sounds exactly like breaking bones! My bones!
Tuesday, June-15: This moment. Write about one thing you'd prefer to be doing at this moment, instead of what you're doing now. Also write about one thing you're glad you're not doing at this moment.
When I close my eyes, I see the soft red shine of the sun above, feel the warmth on my skin, hear the soft breeze of palm trees, smell the scent of the close ocean and taste some exotic drink ... but when I open my eyes, I see windows to be cleaned, clothes to be ironed, dishes to be washed, household to be done! *sigh* I should better close my eyes and see ...
Wednesday, June-16: Free. Every so often, there really is such a thing as a free lunch. Write about something free you've received.
When it comes to every kind of handcraft, like knitting, sewing or embroidery, I simply have two left hands. But I got seduced to buy one of those "Wreck this journal"-books, where obviously some slumbering talents were awakened. To come to the point: For doing this book I had to buy some things. Not only once, but quite several times. And the very amiably old lady in one of those shops gave me some material for free! I still can't believe it!
Thursday, June-17: Cat or dog. Are you a cat person or a dog person (or another type of person altogether)? Why?
*hmm* Well, let's see the facts: I'm stubborn. I do whatever I want to do (even if others told me something else). I like to sleep, I like to eat. I can be very charming, if required to get something. I have two hairy, purring, meowing soul mates living with me. What do you think I am???
Friday, June-18: Barefoot. Write a brief bit of fiction. Somewhere in your story, use the word "barefoot".
Barefoot? Barefoot in the rain. Singing in the rain. I LOVE this movie! And I LOVE the songs! "All I do is dream of you the whole night through." - "Make 'em laugh, make 'em laugh." - "Good morning, good morning, we've talked the whole night through." - "Moses supposes his toeses are roses, but Moses supposes erroneously." - I should really watch this move one more time!
Saturday, June-19: Pity. Write about a person or group that you pity.
This topic made me think quite a lot. Honestly, I was not able to write something about it off the cuff. Finally I came to the conclusion, IF we pity a person or a group, we should not just feel pity and turn our heads away, but take a close look, learn how the situation had come so far and find a way to help!
Sunday, June-20: Father. Write about one way in which you want to be like your father (or other male authority figure.)
It's said, that every failure, every disaster, every catastrophe at least can be used as negative example. I sort my father into that category, and I think I'm doing quite well so far not to become like him!
- Obviously, there are some fantastic images in my head. Some beautiful become alive in my travel-journals. Some weird find their way into my dream-diary. Some funny just bust out while composing my emails. Until it's the right time for me to get published, I want to get public, at least! That's what my blog is all about.
Add this to your site
- ► 2011 (174)
- Quiz: How fast can you type?
- Wreck This Journal: Make A Mess. Clean It Up.
- One-Minute-Writer: Week 25
- Wreck This Journal: Glue, Staple Or Tape These Pag...
- Wreck This Journal: Color This Entire Page.
- One-Minute-Writer: Week 24
- Wreck This Journal: Lose This Page./Give Away Your...
- Writing Exercise 06: Developing Characters
- Wreck This Journal: Fill This Page With Circles.
- One-Minute-Writer: Week 23
- Wreck This Journal: Bring This Book In The Shower ...
- Wreck This Journal: Last Page.
- Wreck This Journal: First Page.
- Wreck This Journal: Cover Makeover.
- One-Minute-Writer: Week 22
- Wreck This Journal: Make A Paper Air Plane.
- Wreck This Journal: Scratch. Using A Sharp Object....
- Confessions Of A Writaholic, Part 1
- Wreck This Journal: Add Your Own Page Numbers.
- Wreck This Journal: Crack The Spine/Leave This Pag...
- Wreck This Journal: Tear Stripes, Rip It Up.
- ▼ June (21)
1-Minute-Writer (39) 30-Writing-Questions (31) 6-Word-Saturday (9) 7-Links-Challenge (2) 7-Sins-Challenge (9) A-Z Apocalypse (28) About The Author (10) April A-Z Challenge (29) Art (3) Art Journaling (3) Award (3) Creative Writing (6) Editing (1) February Journaling Challenge (31) Friday-Fill-In (22) NaNo 2010 (6) NaNo 2011 (2) NaNoJouMo 2011 (2) Quiz (8) Rattles Flash Fiction (1) Reading Challenge (3) Summer Break (1) Wreck This Journal (81) Writing (5) Writing Exercise (16)