Sunday, September 05, 2010

One-Minute-Writer: Week 35

0 Comments
(Note: These are writing prompts of "One-Minute-Writer-Blog")

Monday, August-30: Forget. What would you like to forget?
For sure I have memories I wished to be erased out of my brain. But considering the quote "Without the darkness we can't appreciate the light" I also honor my bad memories. And thinking in a much greater scale: Do we really want to forget tragedies like the Holocaust?

Tuesday, August-31: Family. Write about someone you know/knew who was not related to you, but was like a family member.
I'm the one my family entitles "the black sheep", because I did not what was expected and stood career over marriage, children, house and tree, because I had "uncommon" interests and dared to expect more from life and tried to reach out for the starts. So sorry, when I don't give much about something like "family".
BUT there are close confidants I can talk to about my concerns, there are friends I can share my laughter and tears with, there are pen pals, I can ask about all my various interests. Even if some of them I've never met in person, they give me what my family was never able to: They let me be me! And, in my opinion, that's more worth than something like a biological family!

Wednesday, September-01: Necessity. Think about something you enjoy that is not a necessity. How much would you miss it if it were no longer available to you?
*shaking-in-Balu-style-and-singing*
"Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife..."

Oh, I love that song! Okay, okay, I should better focus:
*hmm* *thinking* I would say, everything I do is a "necessity" for me, that's why (have to) I do it! *lol* Something like eating chocolate. Oh lord, I love chocolate, I'm a chocoholic. But is it REALLY a necessity? My brain says "absolutely yes", my hips say "definitively no"! So, I THINK, as there is no substitute drug, I have to go on a heavy rehabilitation when there is no more chocolate. Better not thinking on that, better not! *g*

Thursday, September-02: Transportation. Write about the type of transportation you hope people are using most in 50 years.
First, I was also thinking on something similar like cars driven by sun energy, flying and teleportation ... but then another thought manifested in my mind: The way mankind develops, and speaking not in a good way, the trend would be completely oppositional. Everything would be virtual: Living, working, communication, traveling, etc. Everything we need would be brought into our houses by robots. We won't need any transportation at all!

Friday, September-03: Prompt. What should tomorrow's Writing Prompt be?
Question. What do you think is the most important question in life?
Eyes. Complete the sentence: "Eyes are not only the entrance to your soul, but also ..."
Body switch. Imagine, one day you wake up and found yourself to be the leader of your country. What would you think/do?
Time switch. Imagine, one day you wake up and found yourself back in the Seventies. What would you think/do?
Intriguing. Write a short bit of dark, sarcastic fiction using the word "intriguing".
Over night. Where would you be pleased to find yourself locked up over night?
Fairy tales. What character of a fairy tales would suit to you?
Elevator. With which famous person would you like be trapped in an elevator? With whom in absolutely no case?

Saturday, September-04: Six Word Saturday. Describe your life in six words.
Sometimes six words are not enough! *sigh*
(*sigh* is NOT a word! *g*)

Sunday, September-05: Salt. Write a brief bit of fiction using the prompt "Salt".
I love to go to the movies, but I'm not enough fan of Angelina Jolie to see her latest movie "Salt".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory