Sunday, August 01, 2010

One-Minute-Writer: Week 30

0 Comments
(Note: These are writing prompts of "One-Minute-Writer-Blog")

Monday, July-26: Interview. If you could choose anyone to interview you for broadcast on TV or radio, who would you choose, and what would the interview be about?
I would like to be interviewed by Guenther Jauch and I can think of two possible situations:
1. He's the host of the German "Who wants to be a Millionaire?", which means I'm sitting on the hot chair and he's asking me what I wanted to do with the loads of money.
2. He's also the host of TV magazine "Stern TV", then I'd liked to chat about the hype my lately published book has caused.

Tuesday, July-27: Career. If you could try out a new career for a month (magically knowing what to do, without any special training), what career would you choose?
*hmm* I don't know, I'm quite satisfied and happy with my profession ... but I have to pick one, I would be a travel guide or better a travel journalist. Oh yes! Traveling, going to exotic places, meeting other people and learning about their culture, eating local food - writing about all that AND being paid for! Perfect!

Wednesday, July-28: Faith. Write about the person you've known who has had the most faith in you.
First of all: Faith has several German translations, I choose the synonym for "trust".

*hmm* Well, I've never asked how much faith others have in me. And even if I had, in my opinion, trusts can not be compared. Instead, let me ask you:
- Can you keep a secret?
- Do others ask you to take care for their children, pets, plants, houses, etc.?
- Do you give borrowed things back, within the right time, in the same proper state?
- Do others come to you and ask for advice? Do they come to you to get troubles off their chests?
I think, the more you can answer these type of questions with "yes", the more faith-worthy you might be!

Thursday, July-29: Muse. Write about a thing or person that helps you feel creative.
There isn't something or someone PECULIAR, that makes me feel creative. EVERYTHING I see, hear, smell, taste or feel could be the sparkle of inspiration. These sparkles swirl around my head until ... well, until I lay in my bed waiting for sleep. This is the moment when my mind forms the sparkles into ideas, THAT's the moment when I'm most creative.



EDIT: Surprise, surprise!
It's my first time being picked up as a Daily Winner! *yippie*

Friday, July-30: Robots. Write a brief bit of fiction that involves robots.
As a child she listened to the stories of her grand-mother, who had to use antique irons filled with life coal. Her mother used a electricity driven iron, which were later on improved by steam. Now, with 63 years, self a grandmother, she unpacked her first iron-robots. No iron anymore, the robots does everything alone. It was really true: If you wait long enough, you can experience everything!

Saturday, July-31: Carefree. Describe a time that you felt carefree.
I think, I've already done that. Have a look at:
Thursday, July-15: Summer.

Sunday, August-01: Pilgrimage. For many years, people have taken pilgrimages to places with great spiritual significance. What place would be significant enough to you (spiritual or otherwise) for you to take a pilgrimage there?
First I thought of the Camino, but after the bestseller "I'm Off Then: My Journey Along the Camino de Santiago" by Hape Kerkeling this tour is overrun! I wondered why I hadn't thought this instantly? I would go to incredible India. Meditate with wise Yogis, inhale the spices of ancient knowledge, bath in the spring of the Ganges, pray in overwhelming temples ... and hope to find myself, and who knows, maybe even more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All About Fiction Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory